Problems with accounts

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sammyman, Oct 30, 2005.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

Mar 21, 2005
    My wife and I are having some problems with our accounts. We want to have seperate settings for both of our accounts for browsing the internet and desktop settings. However, we would like to share our iphotos, our itunes and i movies.
    Right now only one account has access to our itunes library and itunes library. Is there any way we can change that? :eek:
  2. mklos macrumors 68000

Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    I guess the easiest way is to give access to the other user account to the Movies, Photos, and Music folders.

Just click ONCE on the folder, and then go to File and Get Info. Then select Ownership and Permissions. Click the padlock to unlock the permissions, then under the Others part, select Read&Write. This will give others the ability to read and write to that folder. Follow those steps for the 2 other folders. You'll have to click apply to enclosed items and authenticate each time.

Note: If you have other users on this computer, this isn't a viable solution as other users besides you and your wife will have access to your photos as well. I'm tell you this, thinking that you and your wife are the only 2 users.
  3. neocell macrumors 65816

May 23, 2005
    Great White North
    You can put the folders containing your iTunes songs, movies, pictures, whatever into the Users>Shared folder, then indicate in the preferences for each appropriate application where to go to to find the files, or save the files etc. There's more about this at the apple site