Problems with Adobe Creative Suite 2 Standard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by runcapher68, May 23, 2005.

1. runcapher68 macrumors newbie

runcapher68

Just upgraded to Adobe CS2 Standard and every time I try to launch any of the apps included, it gets to the splash screen for the app and then unexpectantly quits. The CS1 apps still on my machine work fine, even after I upgraded to Tiger. I've e-mailed Adobe twice (big surprise, no response) and spent 25 minutes on hold waiting to talk to tech support and finally hung up. There are a lot of brilliant people floating around these boards so I figure someone will have some insight.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Feel free to e-mail me directly if you'd like. By the way, I've done the usual repairing permissions, dumping prefs files, etc. I'm a pretty savvy Mac user but this one has me stumped.

---- Bob

2. runcapher68 thread starter macrumors newbie

runcapher68

Anyone...anyone? Bueller?

No one has posted a response to my question yet, but I did want to add something. Since posting my question I have tried to run Adobe Creative Suite 2 on my wife's 17" PowerBook G4. Same thing. I can launch every app but it quits once it hits the splash screen. Would welcome your insight. Thanks!