Problems with AIM on macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wille0n, May 22, 2006.

1. wille0n macrumors newbie

I have a macbook pro 1.83 15". Is anyone having consistent problems with AIM shutting off on its own? I have a friend with the same mcp and his computer does the same. Is it a faulty version of AIM with mac or is it a problem with the computer? I tried using other programs i.e. iChat but I didn't find them to my liking. Anyone have any thoughts? thanks in advance!

2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Have you tried Adium or Proteus?

3. DevilsRejection macrumors regular

As a switcher of less than 10 days I can tell you right now Adium Adium Adium

4. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

To be a little more helpful...
    Adium Website

Sit down with this amazing little app for a bit. It lets you customize pretty much everything. It's Universal. It lets you connect to more than just AIM (should you want to) and is loaded with features. Dump AIM's official client.

5. wille0n thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your help. I have adium, but I prefer AIM for some reason. Any way to fix this? thanks!

6. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

I hate to tell you, but the Mac version of AIM is horrible, no matter what Mac you run it on. Learn to love iChat or Adium. It may take some getting used to, but both iChat and Adium are universal binaries, which means they will run better on your MBP. AIM is being emulated via rosetta, which could mean a loss of performance.