Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paul S

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Netflix has been working just fine until this evening. Now, I cannot log in at all. I have checked my username and password by logging in on my computer, iphone and ipad. Instant Watch works just fine on those devices. When I go to log in, it gives me a "cannot configure device" error. So far, I have reset it multiple times (menu + down and unplugging), and did a "restore", which updated the software (not that it needed it).

I have no idea what could be wrong with it. YouTube, iTunes, etc. all work on the Apple TV.

Anyone else having problems?

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Netflix has been working just fine until this evening. Now, I cannot log in at all. I have checked my username and password by logging in on my computer, iphone and ipad. Instant Watch works just fine on those devices. When I go to log in, it gives me a "cannot configure device" error. So far, I have reset it multiple times (menu + down and unplugging), and did a "restore", which updated the software (not that it needed it).

I have no idea what could be wrong with it. YouTube, iTunes, etc. all work on the Apple TV.

Anyone else having problems?

Good to know i m not the only one

pasipple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Same problem here....

A couple of hours ago I called Netflix and there was a voice message stating that Netflix was aware they are having issues. The greeting did not even allow connection to a live operator....so I'm guessing they are swamped.

It's not a problem with the ATV2.

David085

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2009
Yeah I think netflix isn't working for anyone else either I not a subscriber so I not really sure but it isn't working for anyone else either so you're the not the only one.

Zonyc

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2008
Fix

Just do a hard reset (pull out the power cable, then plug it back in). This should resolve the issue.

Paul S

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

It started working again later that day (9th). This morning, the same issue. Maybe they can't handle all of these new ATV owners.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.