Problems with Apps...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by merge, Nov 6, 2004.

1. merge macrumors member

I have been running into a problem with a few applications...I try to open them, but they never actually open

It started with Windows Media Player... not a big deal, since I don't really use it that often... but now the same thing is happening with iPhoto and Safari..

I am not too sure when the problem with iPhoto happened, but I was using Safari this morning, and it stopped working after I updated to 10.3.6

Anyone have any ideas what to do? The only thing I have done at this point was re-installing the apps... didn't work.
    I have also repaired disk permissions... help... please!!

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....after the repair permissions, the next thing to try is logging in as a different user (create one if you have to) and see if that user is affected - then the problem can be traced to something in your library....so, try that and let us know......oh yeah!

3. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

trashed your prefs? might want to backup your bookmarks ect first

4. merge thread starter macrumors member

Nope, logging in as a different user still doesn't work.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....okay, so it seems to be a general problem with the system and not user-specific. Perhaps try something relatively simple first before getting into a re-install - download the 10.3.6 Combo updater (it is big - 92MB so I hope you have a fast connection!) and install that.....oh yeah!