problems with CLUA cheats baldur's gate 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by jacoblthomas, Jan 10, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

ok i bought baldur's gate II the other day and i have been trying to activate the debug mode. i have edited my .ini file as instructed and press ctrl space yet no consule comes up. i am currently running panther and have no other problems with the game as mentioned in another thread. is there something else that i must do or do differently? thanx for any advice

jacob

2. macrumors newbie

bump.

been having similar issues...

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

good, i was afraid that i was the only one with this issue. i figured it was user error, but if you have the same problem then perhaps not. have you tried running the game in os9?

4. macrumors newbie

hmm, that might be worth trying.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

i can not bring myself to try this. i haven't rebooted in os9 for nearly a year. but i might just try it to see if i can get this to work. i want to get some more ilthinium, or whatever it is to upgrade my mace of disruption. i gave the other stuff away. so if you try it and it works let me know.

6. macrumors newbie

Bingo. Rebooting in 9 worked.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

cheers

i will give that a try but i wonder if there is some way to do it in panther. so if anyone else is reading this thread and has any suggestions please come forward.

jacob

8. macrumors newbie

Rebooting in OS 9 does NOT work for me. I press ctrl+space and the only thing the game does is pause.

I have 9.1 and Jaguar, and neither of them work.

Anyone else get this to work?

9. macrumors newbie

Yep. Simple answer!

Check <http://ire.mainecoon.net/yabbse/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=1414>

Basically it all comes down to TextEdit putting Unix rather than Mac line ending (which the game expects)