Problems with Find

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mala, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Mala macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2003
    I've lost the step outline for my novel; before I sigh and type it all up again, maybe someone can help me.

I'm very, very stupid, and can't seem to see how to *include* a bunch of parameters in my search.

I go to Finder and click Ctrl-F and Sherlock (or whatever it's calling itself) comes up. I tell it to find something whose content includes, let's say, battle. Then I go to tell it to find all things I've created in the last two weeks. Then to find thingummies of the kind document.

But it only seems to do *one* of these things. It'll find *everything* done in the last fortnight, or *everything* with the word "battle" in it, or *everything* of the kind "document.

How do I get it to do all three at once, so I only get documents created in the last fortnight containing the word "battle"?
  2. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2003
    Oh, wait, I see suddenly - I use those pluses and minuses. Ignore stupid question. Sorry.
  3. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2003
    OK, *don't* ignore stupid question. It's been searching for about 10-15 minutes now without finding anything. Is there a faster searcher?