Problems with GalaxyHP mac repair company

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zeke, May 26, 2005.

1. Zeke macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what to do about this. A while back (November to be exact) my MDD G4 died. GalaxyHP has a free diagnostic service where they tell you what is wrong so I sent my motherboard and CPU in for testing. After testing they conclude the CPU is bad and sell me a Giga Dual 1.42 upgrade board to replace it. I get the motherboard and old CPU as well as the new board finally and put it all together. Problem is, the computer still has problems...won't boot up. Chimes but nothing else...so I send the board and new CPU back to them...they test the motherboard again and it is OK so they conclude the CPU is bad and send it back to Giga. After a long time and repeated emails and calls on my part I finally hear back that Giga tested the CPU and said it's ok and that the motherboard won't work even with an Apple CPU. So Giga tells me that it looks like the techs they contract to test the motherboard didn't test it the first or the second time because they said it was good. Now of course, when I hear of this it's after the 60 day period on my credit card so I can't dispute the charge anymore. I'm unsure of how to proceed with this as they are in California and I'm in New York. Any ideas? I'm really angry about this obviously as after they told me the motherboard was bad they told me they could fix it for another $300 or something.

2. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

3. Zeke thread starter macrumors 6502

Problem is to file suit I think I have to file where they have a business presence which is in Oregon (they're repair facility is in California). And to file suit I think I would actually have to come out there to do it. If I won, obviously I'd get reimbursed but I don't know how all of that works having never sued anyone. I hate this crap, good thing I bought a G5 as soon as this happened with the intention of selling the G4 when I got it running again.

4. Zeke thread starter macrumors 6502

And for anyone else listening this might be complicated so if there are lawyers who can give advice that'd be great. Since the company is located in Oregon and the "service" (note quotes) was performed in California, where can I sue? It looks like rules that determine where you can sue is where the company is located and the act took place? Or is it one or the other? Ughh...no wonder they didn't seem worried about my threats.