Problems with Halo Demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by cartoonfox, Apr 2, 2006.

1. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Hey, I'm using an iMac G5 2ghz (not the intel) with 512mb RAM.
    i have just got into mac gaming (just a console guy usualy), and so i have downloaded a few demos.
    Halo, UT2004 and Ghost Recon for starters.

Anyway, UT2004 and Ghost recon work fine. both sinlge player and online multyplayer.
    I'm using my Wacom Intuos 3 mouse. works great.

But with Halo, the mouse doesn't work well at all! it's almost like only a 1" square on my wacom is working, so if i move the mouse a mm it shoots across the screen. has lag too. it's impossible to play. so i have to use my one click mouse mac, which isn't good for gaming.
    Also, i can't connect to any online Halo games. i've tried changing my network settings but nothing much to change except for internet speed (which doesn't do anything) and some "port" settings which im scared to mess with.

Anyone know of these problems, either the mouse or internet?
    It's strange that it only happens with Halo. been having a blast with UT2004, Onslaught is cool! : ]

anyway, any help or info much appreciated.
    I'll be buying the full games soon, but not Halo if i can't fix this problem

peace

2. Compatiblepoker macrumors regular

I've never had problems with it doing that but I've never used the demo version. Maybe its just the demo version or possibly a problem with your Mac.