Problems with iBook battery...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ravenvii, Mar 17, 2004.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Hello. Even though I'm a new poster here, I've been a lurker since forever.

All right, without ado... I had my iBook, a 12" 900 MHz G3, since August. Last month, I noticed that the battery indicator in the menubar has a X in it. Removing and re-inserting the battery fixed this. I thought nothing of it... until it happened again the other day. Other than that, the bettery is fine. Is this something I should be worried about? I heard about all those iBook logic board problems, and really hope this isn't related. What do you guys think the problem is, and what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

2. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

permissions?

reality

have you noticed that's what everyone says when they have no utter idea about the problem??? ;)

3. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

I repair permissions every time I install something or install updates. The last time I repaired permissions was yesterday after updating to OS X 3.3. So I doubt permissions is the issue here.

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

As it works fine when you reinsert the battery, may be your power manager settings have got messed up. Reset the power manager.
    hope it would help.

5. nargot macrumors regular

i have similar prob on my 12" g4 ibook. My battery is a bit loose and after a bit of travel can dislodge, so wont charge properly, maybe this is the problem