Problems with iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kterzino, Jan 23, 2005.

1. kterzino macrumors newbie

We opened iPhoto, and it said that the iPhoto library could not be found. However, when clicking on the iPhoto folder in Applications, all photos are still there...they all have little arrows, like they are a shortcut to something.

We tried to drag the photos back to the iPhoto program, but it said they were not the right type of file. Each photo is .jpg.

What is going on? Has anyone else had this problem before? Sorry if it doesn't make sense, but it's hard to describe, and I can clarify if necessary.

2. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

which version of iPhoto? a new install of iLife 05?

3. kterzino thread starter macrumors newbie

no...

Nope, not the new iLife...it's version 2.0.1.

4. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

i don't think that is iLife. I think it is just iPhoto as a stand alone app. What OS are you working on cos iPhoto 4 should come on Panther, or with your computer....
    I am not really sure what else i can do, but that is all i know...

Peace
    DjVoTeZ

5. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

if they have arrows on the icons then they are alias / shortcuts select the file & apple+R to show you the original file.

6. kterzino thread starter macrumors newbie

The iLife reference was made to answer the previous post. I dont have iLife.

I just got Panther, I had Jaguar. iPhoto IS standalone for my comp. iPhoto had problems before I installed Panther, and the Apple tech person I talked to said it might fix it, but it didn't.

I have also already repaired permissions.

7. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Are the picture files still in your user directory? For that matter are there any files under user directory->pictures->iphoto library?