Problems with Lacie CD Burner

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by noelmac75, Jan 14, 2003.

1. noelmac75 macrumors regular

I need some advice from the professionals here, I've just upgraded my system software from OS9 to OS 9.2, when I go to open toast 4.1 and turn on my CD writer it says, 'cannot find recorder, please check cables and power'
    I've tried everything, updated the firmware and tried turning off some extensions, can you please help.

2. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

You need to have the burner up and running before you open up Toast. If not, you need to tell it to rescan the bus if you turn it on later. Are you able to mount CD's with the drive? Does CD burning work in the Finder?

3. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Guess my post on your other thread wasn't "professional" . :)

Regards,
    Gus

4. noelmac75 thread starter macrumors regular

How do i rescan the bus?
    Yes I can mount CD's on the Harddrive, it still won't work when I open toast, it says cannot find cdrecorder, please check cables and power.

How does CD burning work in the finder?

5. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Rescanning the bus is an option in one of the menus. I don't remember right off because I don't use Toast any more. They promised me a free update to an OS X compatible version when I bought my CD-R over two years ago, but have yet to deliver.

Burning in the Finder...
    While in the Finder turn on the CD burner. Put in a CD-R (or RW) disc and it will ask you what you want to name it and what format CD you want. Drag stuff onto the disc you want onit and click burn from the File menu. If you want to burn music, open up iTunes select the Playlist you want burned and click Burn CD in the top right.

6. rughdyrngr macrumors newbie

Problems with Toast 4.x

I had the same problem with Toast 4.x after upgrading to OS 9.2. I had to go out and purchase Toast 5 to make it recognize my Ricoh SCSI burner. I believe it was a problem with the "Disk Burner" extensions and I actually could have used Toast 4.x, but found it easier to upgrade Toast.

You may want to try disabling all of the Disk Burner extensions. Authoring Support, Disk Burner Extension, Firewire Authoring Support, SDAP Authoring Support, and USB Authoring Support. Also make sure your Toast extensions are enabled.

Good Luck.

7. noelmac75 thread starter macrumors regular

Re: Problems with Toast 4.x

Got it Sorted, Thanks