Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
Just bought a 23" ACD today. Fortunately don't have any discoloration issues. However, I did find six stuck pixels on the screen. Tried massaging them out but no luck. Do you think apple will let me exchange it for a new one? Anyone know how many stuck pixels qualify for a replacement?

I could just get a refund but they will dock me 10 perccent for a restocking fee.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
taeclee99 said:
Just bought a 23" ACD today. Fortunately don't have any discoloration issues. However, I did find six stuck pixels on the screen. Tried massaging them out but no luck. Do you think apple will let me exchange it for a new one? Anyone know how many stuck pixels qualify for a replacement?

I could just get a refund but they will dock me 10 perccent for a restocking fee.

When I asked those intelligent mac associates (SARCASM!!)

He said it is to be determined by the geniuses whether to replace it or not. So I asked him what if there is one stuck pixel in the EXACT center, he said the geniuses could replace it.

Basically they choose if they want to or not.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
u don't have to pay the restocking fee if there is something wrong with the product. i returned my mini bc it would beachball like no other and the fan would constantly run. they took my word for it and didn't charge me a restocking fee. I would check into that then order a dell! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.