"Problems" with new iBook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by atik, Aug 22, 2005.

1. atik macrumors member

Jun 28, 2005
    Tampere, Finland.
    I've had my new 12 inch iBook for a couple of weeks now, and today it froze for the first time. I had iTunes, Bittorrent and Safari open (if i remeber correct), and suddenly the songs stopped for at least 5 seconds, before continuing, and then i noticed neither my bluetooth mouse nor trackpad responded. Buttons seemed to work, and i could quit all open applications. still no response from mouse and trackpad. I didn't remember any of the keyboard shortcuts for shutdown, but i somehow managed to log out. When i tried to log back in, it didn't do anything. I pressed the power button, and selected shut down. Then it wen't to the screen where there's only the spinning whatever-you-call it circle thing. And stayed there. I let it buzz for a while, but then i held down the power button to shut it down, and restarted.

Any idea whut happened? I repaired the permissons right away and no problems now, but there wasn't any problems before the freeze-down either.

p.s. I troubled with my screen. Is it normal that the bottom left and right corners are a bit lighter than the rest of the screen. You can notice especially when there's dark colours on the screen. :(
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Weird problem. Maybe try resetting power management. :)

Read that article first to make sure you really need to do this. Then:

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    BitTorrent is a possible culprit for the freezing. The last time I used that my iBook froze over and over. Change to another torrent client, like Azureuz, Tomato Torrent or Bits on Wheels, and see if your iBook doesn't behave better.

Also, just to be sure, you haven't managed to fill your HD all the way up with all those bits from the net...?

Many screens can have small parts a bit whiter than the rest, often in the corners. Not pretty, but I don't think you get to change the iBook unless they are bigger and more or less completely white... :(
  4. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

Jul 26, 2005
    Same here. A buggy client had me beachballing left and right. iBook G4, even :/
  5. aznsal612 macrumors member

Oct 20, 2004
    Azureus is really the only way to go, even if it sucks your resources like there's no tomorrow.
  6. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2004
    Agreed, but on my iBook G4, it is sometimes unbearable to be running it along with a bunch of other apps.
  7. zeeko macrumors member

Jul 15, 2005
  8. macEfan macrumors 65816

Apr 7, 2005
    Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    that is a weird problem. Nice to know your 'book still works :cool: