Problems with ONE buddy in iChat

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SkAlex, Mar 22, 2005.

1. SkAlex macrumors member

I'm having this really weird issue in iChat with only ONE of my buddies (an AIM account). First of all, she doesn't show up on my buddy list and second, if she IMs me, I see the message, and once i click accept or start typing and try to send, the text box where I can type disapears, almost as if she signed off. She can still send me messages after that point, but I cannot respond.

Any ideas?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. SkAlex thread starter macrumors member

4. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

this problem cropped up on me the other night, but I haven't seen it since, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I did restart the computer for some other reason, but I honestly don't know if that is what fixed it or not. :p

5. ifjake macrumors 6502a

yes i've had this problem occur whenever the person tries to talk to me when they're invisible. turns out if iChat can't see them, you're not talking to them. this also happened for no reason once, right after i had added the person as a buddy with an address card. the person wasn't invisible but i still couldn't see them. i quit and restarted iChat and it registered correctly. not sure what's up with this. i sent something to apple feedback about the invisible thing. we'll see what happens.

6. SkAlex thread starter macrumors member

The problem's been going on for at least 2 days, with at least one restart. I've only had the problem with tthe same one buddy.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

8. nonamedvd macrumors newbie

Aim 5.5

I know exactly what you mean. PC aim have invisible mode and it sucks so much that you can't type since they're under invisible mode. That's why I had to either call 'em to turn their invisible mode off -OR- go to another AIM program (AOL IM or Adiumx.com) and tell 'em to turn it off. Hope this help :p