Problems with Panther

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JzzTrump22, May 11, 2005.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Lately i've been experiencing AIM quitting on me out of nowhere, Safari will quit once in a while. Now some of my application icons have turned into different icons...for instance, when i double click my bit torrent dmg to open it, when it mounts on my desktop it looks like a rar file does. I would upload a picture to show you all, but i don't know how.

2. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Try repairing permissions and then rebooting.

Often just relaunching Finder or restarting can clear up the mixed icons issue.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The changing icons is an old bug that's been around ever since Mac OS X 10.3.0 was released. The simplest fix (which is only temporary, since it has a tendency to come back again) is to force-quit the Finder with a window open that has wrong icons.

I'm having iChat problems - I get randomly booted offline when I leave my Mac. I wonder if AIM is quitting because of that.

I used to get Safari quits when I was on Panther too. Most of the time, I had no idea what caused them, and trying again usually worked.

5. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, i'll try those suggestions. Thanks!

Edit: I relaunched the finder with the wrong icons opened and it worked. Thanks for the tip. I'm also going to repair permissions while i'm here.

6. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

use grab to take a screenshot of your monitor at any time.

then let us take a peak.......