Problems with Quicktime

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jimmieboy, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

hey everyone there seems to be a major problem with my version of quicktime. I have the latest version of the free edition and I can't seem to watch any streamed broadcasts. I've wanted to watch the 2006 Macworld and when i click on it quicktime opens and then has the quicktime logo and a blue bar moving left to right. It's not my connection because it works on my windows PC. Anyone have any suggestions to fix this? Thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try creating a new user account and seeing if QuickTime works properly from there. :)

3. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Hi again. I just tried that and still no hope. I've tired re-installing and repair disk permissions etc. It says Error 400, bad request. Hopefully someone can help me out.:)

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, starting with the simplest thing:

Are you operating 10.3.9 or later? Do you meet the other specs for QT 7?

5. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Yeah I do. I have an iMac G5 1.8Ghz. 10.4.7. Definatly meets the requirements. Still getting the 400 bad request error. :(

6. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What is the format of the streamed broadcasts? If they are in WMV format, then you need either Windows Media Player 9.0 or Flip4Mac. Microsoft no longer supports WMP on the Mac, but recommends Flip4Mac instead. If the broadcasts are in WMV10 format, then nothing on the Mac will play them.

8. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Yes. The windows computer is on the same network. I can't stream any quicktime events for the apple site. It's really annoying....

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, sorry that we don't seem to be getting anywhere with this but hopefully we'll get somewhere in the end. Now, are these videos that play inset into the browser or do they open the QuickTime app and play separately? If it's the former, then have you tried using different browsers? :)

10. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

I've tired doing it so the browser opens the page and used different browsers and I've also copied and pasted the URL into quicktime. Still with no hope.

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, I'm running out of ideas. This just screams of a bad preference file but the new user account had the same problems. Maybe try reinstalling the 10.4.7 combo update. :)