Problems with safari after latest OS X software update?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hkala, Apr 22, 2005.

1. hkala macrumors member

Jan 26, 2005
    has anyone else experienced any issues with safari since the latest os x software update???

i've been having safari crash and the beach ball thingy has been a constant issue.

i never had these issues before the update.

any thoughts?
  2. jayjay88 macrumors newbie

Apr 25, 2005
    Safari download issue

YES!! I've noticed since installing the most recent recommended OS X update that i can no longer download a photo to a selected folder of my choice. It will only save to the designated location which is set in 'desktop' or other. This is a huge pain and I only related it to the update this morning. What a huge pain...a lesson in 'leave well enough alone'...'if it works, don't fix it!!'...

This sort of thing makes me wonder if 'Apple' doesn't introduce little problems just before a major OS upgrade to further intice its purchase.

What the hell can i do??!
  3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    These issues has been well covered in lots of threads lately... Search, please...!

hkala: Safari may misbehave if you have 3rd party enhancers installed... like pithelmet...

jayjay88: You may still download pictures wherever you want, you just has to hold down the option (aka alt) button when you right- or ctrl-click to get the old Save as... option...

Edit (Note to any mods popping by): Maybe this thread should be moved to Mac OS X, where it belongs, and closed...?
  4. jayjay88 macrumors newbie

Apr 25, 2005
    Thankyou...but Apple should still warn people if they have to resort to alternative means to carry out the normal processes..!