Problems with Safari and Macrumors?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iJon, Mar 11, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    I have been having some problems with Safari on macrumors and spymac. many times when i post, usually every other time it messes up. this is what happens. i just click post reply and it starts to load and hangs up. i let it sit and and it times out. now if i just click post reply, click back button, then forward button, then click post again it works fine. this happens on my powerbook and powerbook at home. it also happens when i take my powerbook to work, so i dont thinks its my internet connection or anything. anyone else having a problem like this, i understand this is beta software, but it seems like safari didnt always do this when i first started using it in january.

2. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2002
    Chicago, IL, USA
    i've had some wierd issues with it too.
    i've experienced the posting thing you talked about, but only a few times. it's not really been a recurring thing, but i have noticed a strange redirect issue. i'm not much of a programmer, so i wouldn't know where the bug would be, all i know is this:

posting has an auto-redirect from the "thank you for posting" thing to the post itself, and two other sites i use have generic .com addresses with auto-redirects to string urls. these sites all go blank when i click send or on a link, sometimes they pop up on refresh, others they don't.

another wierd thing: often "cannot be found" on my first click, and is always found on the second. (and i don't think there is a redirect on