Problems with Safari

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kasei, Jan 29, 2005.

1. kasei macrumors 6502a

kasei

Has anyone noticed Safari has been acting strange ever since the last update? I turned my comptuer on today and noticed Safari had dropped all of my bookmarks, even the ones in the book mark bar.

2. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I have not got this problem, it could be something else that has corrupted your Safari bookmark file.

3. kasei thread starter macrumors 6502a

kasei

Luckly I have everything backedup but my system is still acting strange. I rebooted my system and the dock was reset and I got a message requesting a password for Safari. There are a few other things that look funny. I went to disk utilities to repair my permissions and there was a message that permissions had been activated and then stopped.

I ran repair permissions and all looks well. I am scanning the system for viruses right now. Hopefully all was taken care of when I ran permissions.

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Sorry to say but Safari has been acting fine for me as well. On top of repairing permissions, I would run cron jobs too and hope it doesnt happen again.

5. kasei thread starter macrumors 6502a

kasei

I got to the bottom of the problem. A colleague sent me an e-mail and the word file had a virus attached to it. The word document some how grabbed my bookmarks and when Virex deleted it I lost my bookmarks. Kind of strange, but my system is running fine now.