Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drummerbooker14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Georgia
Alright, i am using parallels desktop to do all this, and here are my problems after modifying the text, and copying to origional iso. so, figured everything out. but one problem. with the modified iso, it won't let me burn it in burnatonce from parallels desktop, it says my blank CD isn't blank. so i tried burning it with roxio toast( in OSX ) using the copy thing from the iso. now it won't let me boot from CD. it tries to boot(i think) and then proceeds to load OSX. so, i tried it with the origional. worked fine. what am i doing wrong. do i reALLy have to take out the internal like ngine.de says.

thanks

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
drummerbooker14 said:
do i reALLy have to take out the internal like ngine.de says.
Why do some people think that some steps just don't apply to them. ;)

Anyhow, sounds like you made some progress, but you're stuck on the burning stage. It's not clear from your post what you burned with Toast, an ISO created under Windows, or a bunch of files modified under Windows.

It should work fine if you created a bootable ISO and burned it, even using Disk Utility.

You might also try the mkisofs version of creating the ISO as suggested by the fine folks at onmac http://wiki.onmac.net/index.php/HOWTO. You can do this natively under OS X w/o Toast.

B

drummerbooker14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Georgia
alright..... took the internal out, tried it and yet it still didn't work. i doube checked all the files in the iso and the edited text. all was good. so, yet again without the internal in, still didn't work. so, i managed to find a. really not that old. but has been collecting dust for a while(around year 2000, but no USB 2.0) hooked it up to a monitor, took the internal out. changed the BIOS, and it wouldn't boot from the CD. so now i have no idea. how do i chnge the boot order on my macbook. arghhhh. any ideas??

drummerbooker14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Georgia
finally some progress. now, the old PC recognizes it and can boot from it, and my mac can't. i can't use the PC because no USB 2.0. so any ideas

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.