ProCare - experiences?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shecky, Nov 1, 2006.

1. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    I know that many (if not most) on here seem to despise the very existence of ProCare, but i am wondering if anyone has had any positive experiences with it? are you treated like a VIP at the apple store? do you really go first in line? I am considering it with my MBP purchase based on:

"Fast Track - ProCare is your ticket to priority repairs and available same-day service at the Genius Bar. Members get “Next in line, first on the bench” service on all in-store repairs."

"Advance Reservations - Now you can schedule appointments for the Genius Bar and The Studio up to seven days in advance. "

i do not need the training, the tuneups, the setup or anything else, but considering the price of Procare against my hourly rate and the fact every moment without my Mac is downtime, it seems to me that for $99 a year (really $75 after the tax write-off) even if i get first in line once it is worth it, and if it turns around repairs faster then it is DEFINETLY worth it.

2. interlaced macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2005
    Procare will get you next in line. Kind of like a "Front of the Line" Pass. I think you still have to sign in just so you get on their list of people that need help. But then if you show them your procare card, the next available genius will help you. The same thing with repairs. Yours will get pushed to the front.

You can make a reservation up to 14 days in advance now, not 7. I'd imagine it would be more helpful with Studio reservations, so busy people have enough time to fit in a training session into their schedule. But it does work with Genius Bar appointments too.