Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I will be giving my wife my iPhone 4 when my iPhone 4S arrives. Do I just back up my device in iCloud, wipe it and give it to her to start syncing with her iTunes account and then activate my 4S and restore from backup?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Backup your iPhone 4 w/ iTunes. Sync new iPhone 4S w/ ITunes. It will ask if you want to set up as new phone or use a backup file. Select backup file & choose your last iPhone 4 backup. It will then xfer everything to new phone.

Next hook iPhone 4 back into iTunes and hit the restore button. When it's done it will ask if you want to set up as new. Hit that option & the phone is now ready for your wife to make as her own.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
One more thing to ask about here.... My wife is coming from a Blackberry and uses Gmail for her email. She hasn't synced anything really in the past and I'd like to get her contacts over to the iPhone from her Blackberry. I dont see the need for her to sign up for a .me account so would like to keep everything under Gmail. How would I do this?

Mademan12321

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
If your wife has her contacts in google they should transfer over. At the contacts tab have it sync the data from google to your iPhone and all your contacts should have been added.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.