Processor Speed

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by JarinS1, Sep 18, 2004.

1. JarinS1 macrumors member

Hi,

I currently work on a PC and am looking into purchasing a 15" Powerbook. I have seen a pretty good deal on a 1.25 GHz. How does this compare to a 1.5 GHz? Also, how does a 9600 graphics card compare to a 9700 graphics card? Thanks for your help.

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

In day to day activities, you probably won't notice too many differences between the two computers. For gaming, you would appreciate the newer video card in the newer computer, especially if it has the upgraded vram. But the 9600 isn't a bad card either. If it is a really good deal, go for it, I doubt that you'll be sorry.

3. JarinS1 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your help... I don't plan on doing much gaming, but are movies (regular and DVI) affected at all? Also, the computer will have 1 GB of RAM; will this counteract the slower processor speed? Thanks again.

4. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

DVDs will be fine, movies will be fine. That is mainly reading the optical drive, which is no biggie. The 1GB of RAM is nice, it will help Applications run faster in general. I have 768MB in my PowerBook, and it runs great. You should be fine.