Processor Upgrade & Sleep issues/problems with Video

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by neonart, Mar 29, 2003.

1. neonart macrumors 65816

Sep 4, 2002
    Near a Mac since 1993.
    I recently upgraded my Quicksilver 733 with a Powerlogix Dual 933 upgrade card. Most everything is wonderful and I'm not experiencing any major issues.
    But one problem I have is that after a couple of hours of sleep or longer Video won't come back on. The machine wakes fine, but not the monitor. I hit the power button on the keyboard (control+eject on pro keyboard) and then hit "S". Just after that I hit any key again and all wakes up fine.
    This sleep issue is not horrible and does not happen ALL the time (I'd say about 85% of the time though). But if you know of something that may help- please let me know.

Any info you may have is greatly appreciated.
  2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    i don't like upgrading firmware for mobos but maybe they have a newer version avialbe that sovles this issue? Also it mgiht be oen of the components thats causing this trouble. Did this ever happen with the old mobo. You may want to try reinstalling the OS too i've had that help in the past even when instaling certian components (as a last resort). Have you repaired permissions lately? Clear Cache? all things ot try.