iPad mini Proclip mount for car

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iSheep89, Dec 5, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I just received my car mount from proclip and so far I love it! The car mount is sturdy and I feel safe knowing my ipad mini is secure and won't pop out while driving. It was really easy to install and the only tool you will need is a screw driver, I highly recommend this to everyone. Don't buy those crappy window mounts. Here are some pics, if you have any questions be sure to ask :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the mount itself...
    [​IMG]

Side of the mount
    [​IMG]

Some things to consider is that this mount will not work with a case, however I have a skin on my mini and it works fine. Another thing is that the mount does cover one of my vents, but I'm fine with it.

2. macrumors member

Did you have to screw anything it into the car?

3. thread starter macrumors member

No. All you have to screw is the ipad mini holder to the car mount. The car mount clips on to your car.

4. macrumors member

looks really nice, does the mini have built in GPS? and is your the wifi or wifi/LTE model?

5. thread starter macrumors member

I have the LTE version which has GPS.

6. macrumors regular

Proclip all the way!! Thanks!! I've had one installed in my ride since the 1st gen iPod touch and have used it with every iPhone since the 3G!! About to make the switch for the mini, but don't know if I'll need a whole new mount that attaches to the car itself or just the clip for the mini...we'll soon see!! Thanks again! Enjoy!

7. macrumors 6502

Is this the angled mount or the centered mount? Is it easy to pop it off the dashboard if I wanted to remove it?

8. thread starter macrumors member

Mine is the angled mount. I am not sure how easy it is to pop off the dashboard, since I haven't tried it. I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult...

9. macrumors member

10. macrumors 601

Panavise makes brackets that securely bolt to the vehicle (if that's what you're after) and are compatible with ProClip's device mounts as they both use a standard mounting pattern. ProClip's vehicle mounts tend to rely on friction and double sided tape. As a result, I tend to use Panavise brackets when available.

Check the specs. Only the LTE models have GPS receivers.
    http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad_mini#tech-specs

11. macrumors newbie

Thanks for the pics! This is exactly the setup I am looking for. I've got an 8th gen Accord as well and I use an iOttie mount for my iPad 3 that I use Waze with on longer trips, but it's not very easy to put the iPad in and take it out.

How easy is it to remove the iPad Mini from the proclip holder? Could you list detailed steps/instructions please? I may get a 4G LTE iPad Mini and the mount/holder if it makes it easier to use more often.

12. macrumors newbie

Just find a very powerful winshield mount, it can hold almost all tablets and cell phones, also comes with a stand bracket on the dashboard so no worry the tablet would fall.

13. macrumors 601

Windshield mounts are not acceptable to everyone nor even legal in all jurisdictions. They're a non-starter for me and others.

14. macrumors regular

alanrocks

It seems like a bit of a hassle to set up... does it work in any vehicle?

I've recently purchased the spiderpodium to mount my iPad in the car dash, it's fairly cheap and really useful.

http://usa.breffo.com/pages/spiderpodium-tablet

15. macrumors newbie

I now have an identical setup to iSheep and it works great.