Procrastination

Discussion in 'Community' started by wordmunger, Apr 15, 2005.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Okay, I've already blogged about this, but it's so funny I just had to share it here as well:

PROCRASTINATION

Enjoy!

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

3. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Procrastinate is word that I have so far been unable to remember the meaning of. The times that I have been exposed to the word and tried to figure out what it means, the only meaning I have been able to think of has been: to contract ones muscles in the abdominal region in an effort to overcome constipation. I'm not really sure why :confused: :eek: :D

I did look it up and know now, if I'm able to remember it, that it means: To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness. (I also had to look up constipation, but I'm positively surprised that my guess, "constapation", was very close.)

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

damn, just what I was going to say :D

Personally, I hate those posters and don't trust someone who'd put them up on their wall :p

D

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Hey, I have that poster, and one of these days I'll get around to putting it up on my wall. Right now, though, I need another nap. :p

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i would like one of those posters, but im putting off going out to get one because im stalling on my nap because i am too busy reading MR to get any work done because i am to lazy to navigate to another site because its a strain to move my fingers too much.......

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

you must not be a procrastinator like me, its a way of life and thus the word is engraved into my being, i work better under a deadline and stress, its forces me to be creative in ways i could be otherwise else, but thats just me

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

9. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

nice :D

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I always follow the advice given in proverbs -- all of them -- including these two:
    He who hesitates is lost.

Look before you leap.​
    Therefore, I am paralyzed with indecision about whether to take on tasks at the earliest possible time or put them off as long as possible while thinking them over. I really need to decide RIGHT NOW whether or not to procrastinate, but I think I'll wait and deal with it later. But at least I'm making the choice to stall RIGHT NOW!

11. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Procrastinate: verb:

1) checking MacRumors New Posts to see if there is anything important
    2) reading all of the unread posts anyway even if they didn't seem important
    3) checking MacRumors New Posts again to see if anything important came in while one was reading the unread posts
    4) reading all....

12. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Your middle name is Ugh? Parents with a sense of humor....

*apologizes in advance for all of the groaning caused by post* :rolleyes:

13. makisushi macrumors 6502

"I never put off till tomorrow what I can do the day after."

-Oscar Wilde

14. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Alice carefully released the brush, and did her best to get the hair into order. 'Come, you look rather better now!' she said, after altering most of the pins. 'But really you should have a lady's maid!'

'I'm sure I'll take you with pleasure!' the Queen said. 'Twopence a week, and jam every other day.'

Alice couldn't help laughing, as she said, 'I don't want you to hire ME -- and I don't care for jam.'

'It's very good jam,' said the Queen.

'Well, I don't want any TO-DAY, at any rate.'

'You couldn't have it if you DID want it,' the Queen said. 'The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday -- but never jam to-day.'

'It MUST come sometimes to "jam do-day,"' Alice objected.

'No, it can't,' said the Queen. 'It's jam every OTHER day: to-day isn't any OTHER day, you know.'
    -- Through the Looking Glass, Lewis Carroll​

15. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Procrastination really is a sign that what you nee

16. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Very good :)