(PRODUCT) RED Campaign

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dancertom3, Feb 13, 2007.

1. dancertom3 macrumors member

Does anyone know how long the red iPod Nano will be available as part of the (PRODUCT) RED campaign?

It's not likely to disappear by next week, is it?

2. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I'm sure it will be up as long as Bono is funding Product (RED) and Bono and :apple: are still friends.

3. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

ModestPenguin

I wouldnt expect it to go away without a Nano form factor revision. And I don't see that in the near future.

*knock on wood*

If they update the nanos again without giving me a full screen iPod....so help me!:mad: :mad: ;)

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i think they'll be around awhile longer. if i wasn't opposed to the nano so much, i'd buy one. now if they made a (red) shuffle, i'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Not for a while, I can't see it being dropped without a 3G iPod Nano, and thats a good amount off....and even then it might still be here(the U2 iPod was in both 4G, 4.5G, 5G and 4.5G Models) not ,mention the Product(Red) thing is really taking off in the USA(not sure about elsewhere)

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm fairly certain it'll be around for a while. The Product(Red) items were few and far between and now there are more and more things mostly from The Gap. However I somehow see a red shuffle in the mix, but the problem is I think the cost is too low for them to see donating even 10% to the cause as a good thing. In the end Apple is a business and the red nano is a business decision--it's Bono who wants to save the world.

7. john789 macrumors member

why?

Why are you opposed to the nano? just curious.. I just got a Red nano last sunday and im very happy with it!!!! Hope they 3g nano is far away in the future!:eek: !! Anyways i think is a good cause and i really like the color..i'll get a red shuffle if it comes out.. by the way i noticed i jusat lost the "macrumors newbi" for macrumors member! yay!

8. dancertom3 thread starter macrumors member

Well sounds good to me. I'll get a red Nano next week!

The videos are just too bulky for me, but the nanos dont have enough memory! But i'd prefer to have to filter my music than carry around a brick...

9. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Even it they do introduce 3rd Gen Nanos, the U2 iPod has survived several revisions, so I would assume the same for the (RED) one.

B

10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i don't like nanos because they're too long for its width, making the display appear even smaller than it is. if it were a widescreen nano oriented horizontally (doesn't even have to have cover flow), that would be another story. even if the nano were the same width with the same display, all i would want is a shorter height to make it better proportioned. i'm really picky, i know, but these things matter to me. congrats on your member status.