Product Red iPod Nano + Invisible Shield = Good Idea?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rimrocka07011, Oct 21, 2006.

1. rimrocka07011 macrumors member

I grabbed the new Product Red Nano last night at the Apple Store (Westfarms, CT), but am quite concerned about scratch protection. Is the Invisible Shield still a good look for the aluminum finish? I don't remember the iPod Mini's being scratch-prone, but I do want to know whether or not

A) It's necessary AND

B) If it looks "good."

Any one have this same dilemma or know of any review sites that have reviewed the Invisible Shield for the 2nd Gen Nano?

2. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

iLounge has a review of it here.
    I have used my black 8GB nano for about a week now, without a case, or any other form pf protection, and there are absolutly no scratches on it at all. Though, I have made sure that it has been in a pocket of its own, at all times. So, I do not really think an Invisible Shield is neccassery with an aluminium-bodied iPod, unless, you will be putting it in the same pocket as your keys, or anything like that.

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

maybe an iPod sock would be a better fit than the plastic cover. keeps it separated from everything else in your pockets and offers some protection. i don't think the new ones need that much protection because of their finish; you're right - the iPod minis do not scratch easily.

4. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

I don't think it is necessary. The only thing that will scratch the aluminum to a noticeable degree is a catastrophic event. Like dropping it on the ground or anything like that.

It wont scratch just by breathing like the old nano.

5. Synapple macrumors regular

Exactly.
    My silver nano looks brand new and it just goes into an iPod sock to keep it apart from the keys and coins I normally have in my pockets.
    Not a scratch.

6. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

if you worry about it, don't have put invisible shield (it's expensive). just buy screen wheel protector. that's all you can protect it.

7. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

8. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I was gonna suggest that too. The new nano does not scratch too easily but you will still want some protection. With a sock, you can keep the beauty of the red, the size and have an extra layer of protection on it.