iPad Product red smart case .. Not practical!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KiranB, Nov 24, 2012.

1. macrumors member

This may be a pointless question but im going to ask it anyway :rolleyes:..

So I'm a clean freak with slight OCD :eek: And I used the product red smart case on my ipad 4 for around a day And in a day the case was filthy, had black marks around the inside rim, as well as the buttons for volume and sleep. Was really bizarre And looked as if it had weeks of use. It was engraved so I was a bit upset about returning it but I decided to do so and get a grey one instead and take advantage of Black Friday sales ..

Has anyone else had problems with there smart cases looking slightly used by quickly???

2. macrumors 6502

I'm OCD too; I'm constantly cleaning my iPad mini and blue Smart Cover. I'm like that when I buy new gear. My blue Smart Cover hardly gets dirty because I am especially careful with it. Before having the blue Smart Cover I had the green one, and it would get dirty very easily!

3. thread starter macrumors member

Nice to know I'm not the only one! .. I had the smart case for just Under probably 8 hours and just wasn't impressed considering I had kept it clean the entire time. I guess that's the price you pay for trying to keep things too clean lol ...

4. macrumors 6502a

ScottNWDW

I have the product red smart case on my iPad 3 since July and t still looks pretty good. I wipe the outside off with mild soap and water periodically but other than that it is quite clean. I also have the product red Smart Cover on my iPad mini and it still looks as good as it did the day I bought it almost 2 weeks ago.

5. thread starter macrumors member

I think I just hit bad luck with mine .. Maybe it came like that and I didn't notice I really have no idea, as my brother had one and his had no issues like that either :confused: .. The outside of the case was clean it was the inside rim and outside buttons that were all discoloured

6. macrumors 65832

kappaknight

The outside of my cases aren't bad. I do hate the lines the smart covers create on the screen after using it.

7. macrumors demi-god

MUBiomed

I have the red Smart Cover for the iPad Mini and after 1 day of use the corners looked terrible. I have a booq backpack and somehow pulling it in and out of the iPad slot gets black all smudged around the edges of the Smart Cover. I have no idea why it gets dirty so easily. I might return it for something darker. The red looks so nice on a white iPad though. :(

8. macrumors G3

I don't know why you OCD/ clean freaks ever leave the house with your iPads. They're bound to get dirty.

9. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

10. macrumors member

I got a red bumper for my phone and after a few days of it going in and out of my pocket that too also developed a black mark on the sides and corners. :(
    Switched back to the old shell case until I get a black bumper.

11. macrumors member

tpr007

I had a RED smart case for weeks and sold it on eBay when I bought the mini.

It looked new.

12. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It is bad enough hearing about how the phone gets dirty, scratched, etc. Now, we get to hear the same thing about cases?:eek:

13. macrumors 68020

Your blue one - and OP's grey one - gets easily dirty too. It's just easier visible when using a red or green case, and not so visible with colours like blue and grey.

14. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You people need to understand what OCD is.

I have the orange SC and its not filthy but there is some dirt. I've had it since the iPad 3 launch.

15. macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Here you go! The solution to all your OCD issues:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/obsessive-compulsive-disorder/DS00189/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

16. macrumors 6502a

Isn't the point of a case to protect the item that's encased and protect it from damage and grime etc? In other words, isn't it normal for a case to get dirty?

17. thread starter macrumors member