Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KiranB

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK
This may be a pointless question but im going to ask it anyway :rolleyes:..

So I'm a clean freak with slight OCD :eek: And I used the product red smart case on my ipad 4 for around a day And in a day the case was filthy, had black marks around the inside rim, as well as the buttons for volume and sleep. Was really bizarre And looked as if it had weeks of use. It was engraved so I was a bit upset about returning it but I decided to do so and get a grey one instead and take advantage of Black Friday sales ..

Has anyone else had problems with there smart cases looking slightly used by quickly???

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY

So I'm a clean freak with slight OCD :eek: And I used the product red smart case on my ipad 4 for around a day And in a day the case was filthy, had black marks around the inside rim, as well as the buttons for volume and sleep. Was really bizarre And looked as if it had weeks of use. It was engraved so I was a bit upset about returning it but I decided to do so and get a grey one instead and take advantage of Black Friday sales ..

Has anyone else had problems with there smart cases looking slightly used by quickly???

I'm OCD too; I'm constantly cleaning my iPad mini and blue Smart Cover. I'm like that when I buy new gear. My blue Smart Cover hardly gets dirty because I am especially careful with it. Before having the blue Smart Cover I had the green one, and it would get dirty very easily!

KiranB

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK
I'm OCD too; I'm constantly cleaning my iPad mini and blue Smart Cover. I'm like that when I buy new gear. My blue Smart Cover hardly gets dirty because I am especially careful with it. Before having the blue Smart Cover I had the green one, and it would get dirty very easily!

Nice to know I'm not the only one! .. I had the smart case for just Under probably 8 hours and just wasn't impressed considering I had kept it clean the entire time. I guess that's the price you pay for trying to keep things too clean lol ...

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida

I have the product red smart case on my iPad 3 since July and t still looks pretty good. I wipe the outside off with mild soap and water periodically but other than that it is quite clean. I also have the product red Smart Cover on my iPad mini and it still looks as good as it did the day I bought it almost 2 weeks ago.

KiranB

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK
I have the product red smart case on my iPad 3 since July and t still looks pretty good. I wipe the outside off with mild soap and water periodically but other than that it is quite clean. I also have the product red Smart Cover on my iPad mini and it still looks as good as it did the day I bought it almost 2 weeks ago.

I think I just hit bad luck with mine .. Maybe it came like that and I didn't notice I really have no idea, as my brother had one and his had no issues like that either :confused: .. The outside of the case was clean it was the inside rim and outside buttons that were all discoloured

MUBiomed

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
I have the red Smart Cover for the iPad Mini and after 1 day of use the corners looked terrible. I have a booq backpack and somehow pulling it in and out of the iPad slot gets black all smudged around the edges of the Smart Cover. I have no idea why it gets dirty so easily. I might return it for something darker. The red looks so nice on a white iPad though. :(

EBreakingWave

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
uk
I got a red bumper for my phone and after a few days of it going in and out of my pocket that too also developed a black mark on the sides and corners. :(
Switched back to the old shell case until I get a black bumper.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Sep 12, 2009
Your blue one - and OP's grey one - gets easily dirty too. It's just easier visible when using a red or green case, and not so visible with colours like blue and grey.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You people need to understand what OCD is.

I have the orange SC and its not filthy but there is some dirt. I've had it since the iPad 3 launch.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Here you go! The solution to all your OCD issues:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/obsessive-compulsive-disorder/DS00189/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
Isn't the point of a case to protect the item that's encased and protect it from damage and grime etc? In other words, isn't it normal for a case to get dirty?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.