Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsAreBetter\

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
Gold Coast, Australia
v8li8m.jpg

It's probably nothing, but I always thought the serial and picture are meant to change to the 6th gen straight after it is declared as 'product replacement pending'? I live in Australia. How did this work for you?

Thanks.

ilovemyibook

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine never changed. It still showed the first generation Nano when I was holding my replacement in my hands.

number9

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2004
USA

It's probably nothing, but I always thought the serial and picture are meant to change to the 6th gen straight after it is declared as 'product replacement pending'? I live in Australia. How did this work for you?

Thanks.

Mine is the same. They received, confirmed, and started (pending) the replacement process on December 31. I imagine in the next week or so they will ship the new one.

I'm pretty sure the status page is only reflective of the product you sent in for repair. It would probably be a logistical issue to change the part associated with every repair request number when they send it back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.