Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Locker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Staffordshire, UK
I've just created an Adhoc target and made info.plist a member of it. The problem is that since I've done this the icon name has literally become '${PRODUCT_NAME}'. This shows up under the icon on the iPhone (I'm only using the simulator) and also when the app is dragged into iTunes.

I'm pretty new to all of this, so am I missing something obvious?

joshsroka

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2008
info.plist

you will find this in your info file in xcode open that up and change the display name

Locker

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Staffordshire, UK
you will find this in your info file in xcode open that up and change the display name
I guessed that would work, but thought ${PRODUCT_NAME} was some sort of variable which should be left in because it references another 'master value' in the project. I just thought it wasn't parsing correctly.

Is that not the case then? It does need changing?

jnic

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
Cambridge
I guessed that would work, but thought ${PRODUCT_NAME} was some sort of variable which should be left in because it references another 'master value' in the project.

It should be, unsure why it's not parsing. Maybe deleting from the device and iTunes followed by a Build > Clean will fix it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.