production suite thoughts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AtHomeBoy_2000, Mar 31, 2005.

1. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2005
    I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on Apple’s Production Suite.

My fiancée is starting a wedding photography business and not to far down the line (a year or 2) I am going to start a wedding videography business. I have used Avid where I work, but I was thinking that when I buy my own stuff, I would try Apple’s Production Suite. Any thoughts about it?

I have heard that Motion isn’t on par with After Effects yet, but it is getting there. But I am not doing anything heavy, so I wont need the extras that After Effects offers. And, DVD Studio looks pretty sweet.

I was thinking of buying an iMac to use it all on. Since I am not doing high end stuff, just basic editing and LIGHT video graphics work, I see no point in paying 2x as much for a PowerMac. Would Production Suite work well on an iMac?
  2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    I think the Production Suite would be a great way to go. I use it on my 1.25GHz Powerbook G4, and it works very well. I don't use Motion, so I can't comment on that, but I do use Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro, and they're great applications. I think an iMac G5 would be more than enough, especially if you get an external Firewire drive for working on projects.

Lee Tom