Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SPG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
Anybody know of a professional level accounting solution that is:
Scalable
Integrated
Can handle multiple currencies (Yen and Dollars)
Multilingual too (Japanese/English), or something we can localize ourselves.

If anybody knows of something off the shelf or somebody who's developed a fully functioning package that does all this, post here or IM me. The company I work for needs to upgrade their accounting system and is trying to stay all Mac...they may go PC soon if a decent solution doesn't come up.
Thanks in advance,
-Andy

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Normally some of us will poke our head in with MYOB, due to the scalability, multicurrency, and cross-platform abilities in a professional accounting package -- but I don't know if they have a Japanese localized version.

SPG

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2001
In the shadow of the Space Needle.
Sun Baked said:
Normally some of us will poke our head in with MYOB, due to the scalability, multicurrency, and cross-platform abilities in a professional accounting package -- but I don't know if they have a Japanese localized version.
Thanks Darth for the effigent tip, I've passed that on to the acctg dept.
Sun, Can MYOB really do all that? I think that our acctg dept passed on MYOB right away.
We do business in the US and Japan and do more than one thing in each country so we're looking for something that is very adaptable.

Vanilla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2002
Atlanta, GA
MYOB Accounting Plus for the UK certainly handles multiple currencies, plus Payroll and stock control etc. For the US I believe the equivalent is MYOB AccountingEdge of which there is a Network version available.

I've had a quick look on the US version of the site and although there is no specific reference to multi-currency capability a quick search on the site itself brings up various news releases and I spotted this particular snippet:

"US small businesses running MYOB Plus for Windows or MYOB AccountEdge for MacOS for their accounting and business management needs are equipped to handle multiple currency accounting, including the new Euro. Multiple currency accounting in MYOB products includes the automatic posting and calculating of both realized and unrealized gains and losses, the tracking of exchange rates at the transaction level, easy reconciliation of foreign currency accounts or local accounts containing foreign currencies, and the easy inclusion of currency transaction fees. Multiple currency accounting was introduced in MYOB products in 1999 and has remained a popular feature since. "

Again, whether it handles also Japanese Yen will need a call to MYOB.
cheers
Vanilla

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.