program automatically quits!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hikeNM, Feb 16, 2006.

1. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

Howdy all! Got a problem I need help with.

I've used the National Geographic TOPO! software for a while now. A few nights ago I was creating maps for a trip, saving these files, and, doing general stuff with the program.

After a bit, I go to open a file I had created a little before, and, when it opens, the program just quits and the computer gives me the ole "do I want to submit a report to apple?" prompt.

No biggie, I think. Safari does that every now and then. So, I click the file again and same thing happens. I click another file and same thing.

Now I'm worried. I can't open any files I've created with the mapping software.

I move these files to my laptop with the same program. They all open fine. Big relief, but now I can't work on these maps on my main computer!

So, I delete everything related to the program(except for my files!), and reinstall the program. Still no luck.

I repair permissions. Still no luck.

I create another user. Still no luck. So my problem is system wide.

Now, I'm at a stand still. I don't really want to wipe my computer clean and start over.

Any suggestions?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Have you ever opened those files on that computer after you saved them?

Bless

3. hikeNM thread starter macrumors 6502a

No. After I create the files, I'm never able to open them again.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Have you checked if your computer is able to open the files and what are they saved as?

Bless

5. hikeNM thread starter macrumors 6502a

After I create a map and save it, then close the program, and then go back and try to reopen the map I just created with the program that just created it, the program will quit.

The file type is a .tpo