Program Stuck in the Bottom

Discussion in 'macOS' started by onlyONE, Jun 28, 2006.

1. onlyONE macrumors member

Jun 14, 2006
    I'm a new Mac user, so I am at a loss at what to call the icon filled box at the bottom. However, I have a icon that has suddenly appeared there. The Sims Body Shop icon is now permanently in the bottom of my screen where PhotoBooth, Finder, Dashboard etc. are...any particular reason for this?
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    Did you install it? It could've just stuck itself there after an install.

To get rid of it, just drag it out.

It could also have stuck if you were running it and dragged it from the right to anywhere else in the dock.
  3. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    Just so you know, the menu at the bottom with the icons is call the Dock. The Sims icon is probably there because when you installed it, it also placed it in the Dock. Similar I suppose to the way Windows applications create desktop shortcuts when you install them. To get rid of it all you have to do is click and drag it onto the desktop and it should disappear. :)

Edit: Or what KT said.:eek:
  4. gekko513 macrumors 603

Oct 16, 2003
    Note that if The Sims Body Shop still running, you must quit it before you can drag it off the dock. You can tell it's running if it's got a black triangle underneath it.
  5. onlyONE thread starter macrumors member

Jun 14, 2006
    Thanks guys! I think I may have placed it there by mistake while dragging the icon sometime.