program to code/compile code in java?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mark2288, Sep 9, 2006.

1. mark2288 macrumors regular

i used JCreator when i was on windows to code/compile code for java. i'm taking a computer science course this semester and need to be able to code/compile code on my mac.

thanks in advance.

2. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Eclipse: Description here. Or go to Eclipse.org to download it directly. I'm using this for a few CS courses now, and our computer science department is pushing it for other projects. It's free, works great, and is easy to use. Granted, I haven't spent much time in XCode, but Eclipse works very well.

3. generik macrumors 601

generik

I think you need to get this JDK package from Apple's website, think it is not installed as a stock.

4. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I'm not sure about XCode, again, but Eclipse has the JDK package included in the download, so that won't require a second download.

5. generik macrumors 601

generik

Will the one that is with Eclipse work on the command line too?

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If you haven't installed the Apple programming tools and you have a new machine, you should find a folder called Installers in the Applications folder that contains the developer tools.

After that, you'll probably want to take a look at this thread since it's already answering questions about other tools.