Program to compare iPod/iTunes library?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JeDiBoYTJ, Sep 12, 2005.

1. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

Is there any program that will compare what is on the iPod to what I have in my iTunes Library? Recently I reformatted my computer, and the programs I used to copy all my tracks to my computer from the iPod didnt seem to work too well because the iPod and the iTunes Library were always off by a few tracks. Since then I have added so many songs to my iTunes and iPod, they are becoming increasingly seperated. I have nearly 3000 tracks, so looking and comparing each artist one by one is a very long and boring task. So im just looking for something that will compare the two, and say that the iPod has these tracks that the Library doesnt have, and vise versa.

any help will be appreciated!

2. JeDiBoYTJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

nevermind... i found a semi-automatted way to do it...

3. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

My library has 4987 songs but my iPod has 4984 songs :p Very annoying.

These 3 "songs" have been missing for months but i have no way of telling what's actually missing. I don't have any digital booklets or anything so i'm not so what's being excluded.

How did you figure it out?

4. reddbird34 macrumors newbie

So how did u do it?

I have the same issue. I download songs to both my home computer and work computer, and my Ipod is never up to date with both. If I synch with one, I lose songs from the other. So how did you figure it out?
    thanks