Program to Split MP3s how I want?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Apr 14, 2005.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

What is a good freeware program to take MP3s and cut of bits and peices that I want?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's not freeware but you might have Garageband installed. Have you tried that?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Also Sound Studio, not free, but bundled, pre-installed, in your apps folder, if you have an iBook or iMac.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

and of course i dont get it since i got a powerbook, great LoL ;)

5. Logik macrumors 6502a

that's alright, Audacity rocks. seriously. try it.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

For a free program, it's fairly nifty. It has some nice algorithms for noise reduction, like Qualcomm ClearVoice. I used it a couple of times to cleanse audio I recorded with the digital recording software in my cell phone, and the results were quite a bit better. Also, it's nice for changing songs to have fadeouts, and things like that, so that they fit into mixes better. That reminds me that I've purchased two songs recently, that I at some point want to remix slightly. I got BADII's Rush, and it's the version with the talking in the middle, which would be nice to get rid of for parties. And then the version of Jumpin' Jumpin' I got has the slow section in the middle I don't care for.

EDIT: Yeah, I would probably use Audacity if I didn't already have SoundStudio installed....

7. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member