Programs and Issues w/ Intel Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iDM, Apr 7, 2006.

1. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Hello everyone I have searched around for these answers but since they pertain to the recent release of the Intel Processor I believe they haven't been addressed yet. If they have in another thread a link would be preferred over flaming of the thread and sorry in advance if they have been.

First I have found one thread that relates to the issue of DVD copying(for dvd archival purposes only). The normal bickering of which program is better was apparent in addition to some people listing one program to rip one program to encode and one program to burn. Are there any programs out there (Universal or for Intel OS X) that are an all encompassing one? One that allows you to pop in a dvd click copy, then eject the dvd, insert a blank one and click burn?

Second I have tried finding an Album Artwork program that works with the new Intels but with no success. I am a fan of FetchArt as opposed to CoverArt(or whatever its called) because FetchArt does one thing and does it well as opposed to CoverArt which does multiple things but not what I want with any massive autonomy. (I'm basically wanting to add artwork to 5000+ songs and thats it. I don't need clickable cute little icons to dance across my screen in any pattern)

An answer to any of these would be greatly appreciated. It was a little naive of me I guess to think these programs would all be out there for the new Intels. I guess I figured 3 months of potential development time would allow new programs to be written. Thanks in advance for anyones help.

2. iDM thread starter macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I probably shouldn't be adding to the questions without actually receiving a response but another question popped into mind. How do I go about or more specifically what do I need to change setting wise when downloading torrents through acquisition. For the past 3 years in the 2 different apartments I have lived in and now my house every time a torrent begins to download the speed of webpage loading is murdered........... Anyone else experience this or know what settings to change? I tried changing the ports on my old linksys wireless router and things really got screwed so I had to revert back to the old settings. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated and help with my first set of questions would be appreciated as well!!