Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfInc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Toronto / Hamilton, ON (CAN)
Hi, when searching and browsing some sites awhile ago I came across a software that cleans out uninstallations fully since there are still bits and pieces around of information for programs that you might have uninstalled.

I cannot seem to find it, does anyone happen to know what this software would be?

mfInc

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2006
Toronto / Hamilton, ON (CAN)
Thanks alot bud! Is the price of only 12$ worth it? Does it make a significant enhancement to keeping your computer clean and running properly in the long run?

Happen to know of any free alternatives? This program seems like the best choice so far (because I haven't found any alternatives) and will probably go ahead and purchase it...but if there are any free alternatives I am willing to try.

Thanks again!

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
I think I saw a free alternativev on MacUpdate but AppZapp is definitely worth the $12!

edit: I don't remember what it was called but I just saw the title and description and that it was freeware...

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Does it make a significant enhancement to keeping your computer clean and running properly in the long run?
Not really. Preference and support files are usually just tiny XML files. You might want to check your Caches though to free up some hard drive space.

the Western zoo

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
Aarhus C, Denmark
true but I know I wouldn't have found that file cause the name didn't very much suggest that it belonged to that app...

also I don't think $12 is that much, and I think it will earn it's value pretty fast cause I can't beleive that a lot of small files just piling up everytime you use an app to see if it's something for you and then decide to delete it again... but then again I guess that's just a matter of opinion! :)

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
true but I know I wouldn't have found that file cause the name didn't very much suggest that it belonged to that app...

also I don't think $12 is that much, and I think it will earn it's value pretty fast cause I can't beleive that a lot of small files just piling up everytime you use an app to see if it's something for you and then decide to delete it again... but then again I guess that's just a matter of opinion! :)
It's standard procedure for a support file's filename to have the originating applications name. Spotlight should have no trouble finding it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.