Programs not opening

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JimmyB248, Jun 5, 2006.

1. JimmyB248 macrumors regular

I think this has been happening since I used a program to delete all of my unneeded languages but I'm not quite sure. Basically a few of my apps simply don't open anymore. I'll double click on them and all that happens is they'll appear in the dock, maybe get to half a bounce then disappaer. That's it. I have no idea what to do. It's happened with LimeWire and aMSN, my httpMail plugin has stopped working. I just downloaded RealPlayer and same thing happened.

I'm on a 1.83GhZ MBP, had the laptop about a month or two, never had any problems like this. Any ideas?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's possible that you were over-zealous when you removed language features with that delocalizer or monolingual or whatever you used.... If that's the case, you might have to archive & install the OS again....

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Well, assuming that removing languages didn't mess something up, in which case an archive and install might be your best course of action (edit: like mkrishnan said ;)), try the simple things: Reboot, repair permissions, run periodicals, resolve font duplicates, etc.

Also, try logging into another user account (make one if you have to) and see if the problem persist...