programs won't open under panther

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by gshughs, Nov 26, 2003.

1. gshughs macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and/or has found a workaround?

I am having problems with Panther not opening programs. I've installed (using a clean install) Panther on my 17" powerbook. When I open some programs (like NUD's Address Book Sync, and a number of installer apps) the program will not fully open, then shuts down.

An icon for the chosen program begins to appear in the dock, but disappears before even fully taking its place in the dock.

Anyone else have this problem? I've installed Panther twice now and am still having the same problems. As is a buddy of mine on a similar system.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

3. gshughs thread starter macrumors newbie

sadly, i have downloaded stuffit 8 and still am having the same problem.

I can expand files fine. It's when I try to run installer programs (even from CD) they won't open in Panther. These are programs that worked fine under Jaguar.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You can expand them under StuffIt 8.0. Please make sure you are running 8.0.1 otherwise they will expand and only give a hint of launching. To run 8.0.1 you have to install 8.0 then upgrade to 8.0.1.

5. gshughs thread starter macrumors newbie

6. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Excellent... sorry if I sounded pushy... but lots of people have had that problem... enjoy!