Progress Widget

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bloogersnigen, Aug 6, 2006.

1. bloogersnigen macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

Does anyone know of a widget that shows applications progress on a task. final cut rendering, safari downloads, itunes imports, quicktime exports, whatever. Front side is just a progress bar backside chooses the app. This would be very useful to me so if anyone knows if there is one out there already please tell me about it.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. projectle macrumors 6502

I am honestly not sure.

However, I have seen afloat, and that lets you select windows that you would like to keep "always on top".

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30336

Then, you just highlight the window that you want to keep on top, choose the Window menu inside of the menu bar, select "Keep Afloat", at which point it will stay on top nomatter what you are doing.

That works for the Download window in Safari, the Render Window in FCP, and the iTunes Importing window.

It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it is all that I have found that does anything close to it.

3. bloogersnigen thread starter macrumors regular

bloogersnigen

Thanks thats exactly what I'm looking for just in widget form. This will do until someone makes a progress widget (or I do).

Thanks
    Ben