Project Dolphin

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SPeedY_B, Feb 14, 2004.

1. SPeedY_B macrumors newbie

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, it's sort of distributed though.

So this is a bit of a long shot anyway... :)

If you haven't heard of it, Project Dolphin ( http://project-dolphin.nl/ ) is basically a small app that sits in the (Windows) system tray and counts how many keys you press, it's a bit of harmless fun and generally geeky.
    Anyway, there's now a third-party linux/KDE client in the works and it seems to be shaping up nicely.
    I had a quick word with GeniusDex (project dolphin owner) and asked about the possibility of a Mac OSX client, in return he basically said that if there was someone who could code it, he would not rule it out and would accept it as part of the project.

Sooooo, as I wouldn't even know where to start, I want to put the idea/proposition forward to someone, or perhaps a community of people who would have the knowledge to create such an app. Does anyone here have the knowledge? know someone else who does? know where I could ask? or basically anything that could help get this app developed?

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah I believe this might be the wrong place.

Distributed Computing deals with linking computers together for a massive project for things like Searching for aliens, Or curing diseases...

software section would have been better.

Also the app sounds cool... :D

3. SPeedY_B thread starter macrumors newbie

can a mod please move this to apps then? :)

It is a cool app, and as I say, pointless fun :D just a shame mac users can't take part (..yet) GeniusDex is willing to give the source to anyone serious about making a client for alternate platforms, just need someone able and willing enough to do so :\

4. SPeedY_B thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm still trying to get this done :\