Project Management Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macridah, Feb 4, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

macridah

Anyone have any recommendations on Project Management Software for Mac OS 10.x?

I'm use to M$ Project and I can't find an application that is comparable. There are some pretty cool apps that just do certain tasks--scheduling, budgeting, etc.--but I need one that can do it all.

I got a new iMac at work and I want to slowly--more like quickly-- but surely transition to 100% mac.

Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Might not be what you are looking for, but have you ever thought of using a web service instead? I use Basecamp at work and for my personal business and I couldn't be happier. I can access it from any computer (as can clients), and it's designed a whole lot better than most project management software you can buy.

Anyways, I just thought I'd throw that out. Here's the site:
    http://www.basecamphq.com/

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

macridah

Pretty cool. But walking through the demo/screenshots, I'm not sure it can support gant charts, pert analysis, critical chain etc. Do you use these tools/methods?

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

macridah

5. macrumors 6502

6. macrumors 6502a

I'll second Merlin. I had a hunt around at the end of last year for an MS project equivalent and after trialling a few I settled on Merlin and have been very happy with it. Of particular interest is that it can happily import & export MS project files, which helps when operating in a mixed windows/mac environment.
    Vanilla

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

macridah

Aww ... Merlin definitey looks a lot better.

I chose intellisys because it was also available on linux and windows (someone on my team still uses windows for some reason) .... plus my company is a big java fan.

8. macrumors newbie

Project management software alternative

I use iTaskX everyday.

http://www.itaskx.com

This software is BETTER than MS Project. The cost is MUCH less than MS Project as well.

The interface is similar to MS Project... but much cleaner. This is a true MacOSX native program that will replace MS Project.

Download a trial and see. I love it!!!!