Project Management

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adandl, Jan 29, 2007.

1. adandl macrumors newbie

Dear All,

I'm searching for a good and cheap (free ;-) ) project management software for OS X. So far I discovered Project X which seems to be very straight forward and easy to use.

I'd like to hear other's opinions about project management.

I appreciate your input!

Albert
    Edit: However Project X seems to be very unstable - I crashes pretty often :-(

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Have a look at Jumpsoft's Process 2.

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for but it's worth a shot.

3. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

i am in the same boat, been looking for a few, it really depends on what you need, there are always Merlin and Omniplan,etc but those may be overkill and expensive.

I have use process before, its alright. It isn't for complex projects. There is also HotPlan as well

4. randomstranger macrumors newbie

Seconding Merlin

I would second checking out Merlin. You can get a free Beta version of their 2.5 release which is Leopard compatible.

At the company where I work, we've migrated from using Microsoft Project to using Merlin. This has worked out pretty well for us, and removed the need to use either RDC or Parallels in order to access our project plans. (Having to do either to simply access our project files was a PITA.) Merlin has worked out pretty well for us. It's relatively affordable, and OS X from the ground up. (Yay, coherent user experience!) They've also been pretty good from a customer support perspective.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

OmniPlan is compatible with Microsoft Project XML files. Merlin is a much more ambitious system. It appears to be bigger [and better] than Project, but handles more Microsoft formats than OmniPlan.

6. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

7. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a