Project Offset

Discussion in 'Games' started by harveypooka, Aug 16, 2006.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Project Offset looks to be a nice new graphics engine incorporating a variety of cool effects and lighting tricks. Aside from the usual 'open ended gameplay' thingy, looks ace. Download the Tech demo and you'll see what I mean. Check out the image (heavily compressed).

http://www.projectoffset.com

Attached Files:

2. crachoar macrumors 6502a

100 WTLY points.

But yes, it does look promising. Pity they don't release more actualy gameplay footage. I'd like to see how they plan on controlling certain things with the 360 controller.

To be honest, I think it would function better as a third-person shooter as well - ala 'GRAW' (with the left trigger forcing you to walk, but making your combat functions more accurate and precise).

If you're into this, you should check out 'Dark Messiah: Heroes of Might and Magic'. There's a demo, and I believe it's releasing soon.

It's a good game, despite the sound-stuttering, 5-minute-load-times Source Engine.

3. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Thinking about this I'm not sure if this is a Tech demo or an actual gameplay demo. So yeah, I agree with you. They seem to show engine features off in the game demo, but not game elements. You clearly hear the guy in the demo mention "and the Elf's blade"...weird. Best stay tuned I guess.