Project Pterosaur lets find them and breed them.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Aug 8, 2013.

1. steve knight, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013

macrumors 68000

steve knight

This is just too funny for words. Sad too that your beliefs deny reality so much. Sad they have 70% of the funding too so how many idiots does it take to go on a dinosaur hunt?
    http://objectiveministries.org/creation/projectpterosaur.html

2. niuniu, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013

macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  3. macrumors regular

Uhhh....what? I didn't see any last time I was there.

4. macrumors 604

chrono1081

*SMACKS FOREHEAD*

People like this give Christians a bad name (I'm a Christian but please don't lump me in with these people!). I'm sorry but nowhere in the Bible does it ever mention how dinosaurs were created and how long they lived and when they went extinct.

Why do these fringe Christians seem to think they have the answers to all of this and why do they constantly deny what science has proven?

5. thread starter macrumors 68000

steve knight

They are terrified science will prove them wrong. They can't deal with any part of the Bible being wrong. So the whole creationism thing is born.

6. macrumors 603

I'm guessing it's the elusive chupacabra.

I've never heard of velociraptors hypothesized as chupacabras, but maybe I don't hang out on the right cryptozoology forums.

7. macrumors regular

chupacabras....got ya there. Nasty buggers. We had to dodge them all the time.

8. localoid, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013

macrumors 68020

localoid

Hoaxes and Other B.S.

The "Objective: Christian Ministries" website is an elaborate parody .

It's been "discovered" by various groups on the 'Net at various times, and has fooled a good many Web denizens over the years....

The site is mentioned in the book, Hippo Eats Dwarf: A Field Guide to Hoaxes and Other B.S., e.g., "My vote for the most successful hoax/parody on the Web goes to Objective: Christian Ministries".

9. macrumors regular

And it sucks the liberals in every time.

10. thread starter macrumors 68000

steve knight

it sucks liberals in because it is so close to the truth. You have heard of the creation museum right? http://creationmuseum.org/ where jesus rode a dinosaur

11. macrumors 68020

localoid

It's duped its share of conservatives as well.

At one point in time, a real, honest-to-goodness Christian hosting company was giving the site free Web hosting, apparently because they approved of the site's message and mission.

12. macrumors regular

I would go on a adventure to look for a Pterosaur.

13. macrumors 603

thekev

You question the feasibility of living velociraptors when you referred to your cat as one:D?

14. macrumors 6502a

I was gonna say... That read like something out of the onion...

15. macrumors 68030

APlotdevice

People are duped because, sadly, it's not that much of a stretch. There are those who actually believe that living Dinosaurs can still be found in places like the Amazon. Whole books have even been written on the subject.

16. macrumors 6502a

Living dinosaurs can be found by the dozen on every rooftop and sidewalk in manhattan. We call them pigeons. ;)

17. macrumors 603

Poe's Law in action:
    "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake [it] for the genuine article."​

18. macrumors 604

chrono1081

Oh no you're right! That means this article IS true! We do have dinosaurs among us!

(Speaking of my velociraptor she's hiding behind my monitor and batting at my hands as I'm typing this :eek:

----------

Good to hear this is a hoax however...there are at least three people I'm friends with who believe this exact same kind of thing, no exaggeration.

One guy was trying to tell me there is no proof that the earth is older that 6000 years or that the sun earth revolves around the sun and that dinosaurs have always been spotted but the media covers them up. He's freaking 30 years old and believes this garbage he spews. (We both went to the same ****** high school but it wasn't THAT ****** to the point it denied science.)

19. macrumors 603

I always ask what would constitute proof for them. If the answer is "Nothing, because it would contradict the Bible", or something like that, then no other proof is possible. QED.

20. macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Spoilsports ruining the fun! That website is a hilarious. So finely tuned that any one article in isolation could be completely real. It's only when you look at the website as a whole does it really kick in that it's a spoof site.

There are equally whacky real Christian sites around. Which is real, and which is the spoof? Damned if I can tell at first glance ;)

Attached Files:

21. macrumors demi-goddess

costabunny

do you think they would sponsor me and a group of my peers (read: friends with beer), to tour the world to bring back live unicorns? I read somewhere that they frequent Maui, Bermuda, Hawaii and other tropical paradises.

I am prepared to dedicate years of my life to this monumentous expedition…..

;) what you think?

22. macrumors 65816

decafjava

Wow great site! Yes it's successful because it could be real. I just found out "Triclavianism" is a real thing. :confused:

Excellent work.

23. macrumors G3

Huntn

Hilarious! :) I poked around the site in question and under Member Bios found this tidbit:

Out of curiosity I googled "League of Women Boycotters" and found nothing, then "Dr. Richard Paley & Fellowship University" and found only references to the Hoax Museum and such. The site, although it has email addresses, that I did not check out, has no contact info or address information, curious for a University. :p

I really wanted to buy a pair of "abstinence shorts" from the Youth Rock Ministry Page, which looks like you can go to their online store and actually purchase items but I was too scared to put in my credit card number... ;)

24. macrumors demi-god

Hugh

This place fools unknowing undedicated all the time, another site to go is for Delaware Baptist (I don't know the link to their site but they are a fake church that suckers people into it everyday.

Hugh

25. macrumors 68040

That's all I need ......... A bunch of Pterosaurs flying around crapping on my car. :mad: